Monday, February 27, 2017

Feeling good and covering a good distance..

Hey, 

3 weeks currently down on this huge feat and I am really starting to get into it. I feel really good health wise and starting to notice the difference in my weight. When I started this challenge 3 weeks ago I weighed myself I was 16.4 stone, today Monday the 27th I weighed myself and currently weigh  15.9 pounds. So in the last 3 weeks it means I have lost 9.5lbs. My goal realistically is to see 14 stone + on the scales and anything after that is a bonus.  I just want to say a big thank you to everyone again who has donated to far €323.52. If you wish to donate please use this link.

This week I covered slightly more of a distance than I have the previous few weeks. Just a little over 45km this week which is a new best currently for me. I forgot to mention last week apart from my phone and watch that I use to monitor I also have two companions with me on most walks my Fiancé Sarah and my little boy Luke. In fairness to them they have been really motivating for me and they enjoy the meals I am cooking with Slimming World. 

My mate Ian (Josse) joined me on a walk this week and I completed my most steps on that day a massive 11.3km. One thing that he noticed when we were walking was that the footwear I was wearing was not suitable for the distance I was covering. He said looking at the way I was standing he felt my feet were supernating which meant I was getting a pain in my feet after long periods of walking. I went and got a Gate Analysis done in Elverys sports and straight away they recognised it was exactly what Ian had said. I bought myself a pair of Asics and after wearing them for one day I noticed a huge improvement and was even able to start running which is something I havent done in a very long time.

Callan was the last place I visited, I have now arrived in New Ross Co.Wexford along my virtual walk.
{Google Map}

The Kennedy family former President ancestral home was not far from New Ross and they later emigrated to the USA. Another famous person worth a note from here is Irish Footballer Kevin Doyle.  
(link to Woodlands}
New Ross (IrishRos Mhic Thriúin, formerly Ros Mhic Treoin) is a town in southwest County WexfordIreland. It is located on the River Barrow, near the border with County Kilkenny, and is around 20 km north east of Waterford. In 2011 it had a population of over 9,316 people, making it the third-largest town in the county after Wexford and Enniscorthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ross






Next stop..... Rosslare 








No comments:

Post a Comment