Monday, May 15, 2017

The Final Hurdle....Almost at the end

Hi ,

Welcome back to my last week doing my virtual walk. This will be a very short one this week with a bit more focus put into next weeks final post. This week started of poorly with the walking and I done incredibly well to turn it around. The goal over 15 weeks was to walk 696km and I am now 51 km away.




Yesterday myself and Sarah braved the elemants to go on the final walk of the week to boost my steps. I managed to lose another lb this week to bring myself within 3lbs of losing 2 stone.



Just want to thank everyone who have donated to the page so far I really appreciate it. Also huge thank you to my brother who is going to grow a tache to try raise some more awareness for the walking I have been doing. With this week completed I am now arriving into High Wycombe and I am almost there with this walk completed in exactly 15 weeks just like I set my goal so I am absolutely over the moon with this.  Donation Link

High Wycombe (/ˌh ˈwɪkəm/),[1] often referred to as Wycombe, is a large town in Buckinghamshire, England. It is 29 miles (47 km) west north west of Charing Cross in London; this information is also engraved on the Corn Market building in the centre of the town. It is also 17 miles (27 km) south of the county town of Aylesbury, 27 miles (43 km) southeast of Oxford, 23 miles (37 km) north east of Reading and 9 miles (14 km) north of Maidenhead. According to the ONS official estimates for 2015, High Wycombe has a population of 124,475 and it the second largest town in the county of Buckinghamshire after Milton KeynesHigh Wycombe Urban Area, the conurbation of which the town is the largest component, has a population of 133,204.
High Wycombe is mostly an unparished area in the Wycombe district. Part of the urban area constitutes the civil parish of Chepping Wycombe, which had a population of 14,455 according to the 2001 census – this parish represents that part of the ancient parish of Chepping Wycombe which was outside the former municipal boroughof Wycombe. Wycombe is a combination of industrial and market town, with a traditional emphasis on furniture production. There has been a market held in the High Street since at least the Middle Ages.

Please have a read of next weeks which will be my final post.




No comments:

Post a Comment