Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Darkness into Light..

Hi All ,

Just a quick update on how the walking is going. This week I undertook the next part of my walking events with completeing Darkness into Light with Sarah , Luke and Sarah's Mum Caroline. We got up early on Saturday morning and completed the 5km walk in just under 1hr and 40min. It has to be said that Limerick was very united in doing this event and it made me so proud to be part of this city showing solidarity for such an amazing event.. With Darkness into Light completed I clocked up another 45.3km. My total distance covered is now 592km in 13 weeks. This week I managed to lose another 1lb 1/2 in weight bringing my weight loss down to 14 stone 10. I have included some links to the charities running the Darkness into Light.

http://www.pieta.ie

http://dil.pieta.ie



So where am I right now? Starting point was where I am currently living Newport Co.Tipperary  walking to London in the United Kingdom .Whilst I am now into my final 2 weeks I have 97km left to complete. Thanks to family and friends I have raised a massive €751 thank you again everyone for you huge donatiions. I am currently now in Oxford and London is the horizon. I know I have said this before but I have honestly enjoyed this entire journey.Donation link..

Oxford (/ˈɒksfərd/[3][4]) is a city in the South East region of England and the county town of Oxfordshire. With an estimated 2015 population of 168,270, it is the 52nd largest city in the United Kingdom,[5][6] and one of the fastest growing and most ethnically diverse.[7][8] The city is situated 57 miles (92 km) from London, 69 miles (111 km) from Bristol, 65 miles (105 km) from both Southampton and Birmingham and 25 miles (40 km) from Reading.

The city is known worldwide as the home of the University of Oxford, the oldest university in the English-speaking world.[9] Buildings in Oxford demonstrate notable examples of every English architectural period since the late Saxon period. Oxford is known as the "city of dreaming spires", a term coined by poet Matthew Arnold. Oxford has a broad economic base. Its industries include motor manufacturing, education, publishing and a large number of information technology and science-based businesses, some being academic offshoots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford

Please join me for these final 2 weeks where I will be finally arriving into London. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment