Sunday, February 12, 2017

Newport to London

Hi,

My Name is Steve and huge welcome to my blog that I am starting. I am hoping to raise some funds for Ava's Fund through the National Maternity Hospital. Previously we have ran a donations page and a raffle for this fund. I am doing this to raise awareness for premature births and hopefully to raise some money along the way too. Our little girl Ava was born at 23 weeks on the 19th of April in 2015. She left a long lasting legacy behind her and I would like to give back as much as I can. I haven't made as much time as I would have liked to in recent months with the arrival Ava's little brother Luke in April of 2016 (Irish Twins).

What I would like to achieve this time is do something different. Over the next 15 weeks or so I want to walk the distance from Newport Co.Tipperary to London in the United Kingdom.

{Courtesy of Google Maps}


My intention over these next number of weeks is to walk 696km which is the distance from my house to London. I will be using my iPhone 7 Plus, my Apple Watch and Map My Walk App to calculate how far I have travelled. Every week I will do a short update how far I have travelled where I currently am with a nice picture of the surroundings. 

If you would like to donate some money to the charity it would be gratefully appreciated or would just like to read how someone is doing a virtual walk then I am more than happy to have you along and read how I am doing. I am hoping to make it a bit fun along the way with a target of almost 50km a week and doing slimming world along the way this well be a really interesting journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment