Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Llanegwad , Carmarthen

Hi All ,

Back for this weeks instalment of how far I have walked. Just over half way through my virtual walk and I have walked 368 km in total. This means as I reach the half way point in weeks I also have gone past my half way point in km also so I am really happy with how this is going. I completed a massive milestone in terms of distance covered in a week with 54km walked its my best one yet.

I want to all say a huge thank you to everyone has donated so generously of the past few weeks I never thought I would raise as much as I would €568.21. With 7 weeks left to complete if you feel you would like to donate something please do not hesitate to do so anything at all is welcome. I am enjoying this walk this is a really important charity to both myself and Sarah and with us coming up-to to Ava's 2nd birthday on the 19th of this month.  Donation Link

So this week I am down a 1 1/2 pounds so I am now 15 stone 0. Teetering on that 15 stone half a pound more would have got me to the magic number 14 but it wasn't to be this week. I think I had kind of eased off a bit this week as Sarah's brother was home drank some beer(which now tastes completely different) and had a few days off which probably affected the weight loss but I am back on track this week gunning for that 14 stone on the scales.

{Google Images}

Llanegwad
I have arrived in a small town Llanegwad , Carmarthen in Wales. The population taken at the 2011 census was 1,473.[1] Llanegwad is built up mainly of small farms and detached homes. The community is bordered by the communities of: Llanfihangel Rhos-y-Corn; Llanfynydd; Llangathen; Llanarthney; Abergwili; and Llanllawddog, all being in Carmarthenshire

One of the more notable homes of Llanegwad is Ty Dderwen formerly Coffee House. The home of the Lewis family, the house received the name coffee when the church asked the Lewis family if they would be willing on a Sunday to serve Coffee in their front room for the ladies after church. The house later served as a tailoring firm led by the master tailor David Lewis. The house at the same time served as the village post office. The house continued to stay in the same family lived in by David Eric Hart a musician and composer until he sold the house in the 1970s. The house still exists today and is located next to Llanegwad church.









No comments:

Post a Comment